Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hadees on FASTING

1. Fasting is obligatory in Ramadan

Hadith 3.115 Narrated by Talha bin Ubaidullah (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu)

A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and said, "O Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)! Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards the prayers." He replied: "You have to offer perfectly the five compulsory prayers in a day and night (24 hours), unless you want to pray Nawafil." The bedouin further asked, "Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards fasting." He replied, "You have to fast during the whole month of Ramadan, unless you want to fast more as Nawafil." The bedouin further asked, "Tell me how much Zakat Allah has enjoined on me." Thus, Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) informed him about all the rules (i.e. fundamentals) of Islam. The bedouin then said, "By Him Who has honored you, I will neither perform any Nawafil nor will I decrease what Allah has enjoined on me. Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "If he is saying the truth, he will succeed (or he will be granted Paradise)."



Hadith 3.116 Narrated by Ibn Umar (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu)

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram ('Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the 'Ashura' was abandoned. 'Abdullah (Radhiallah hu Taala anhu) did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.



Hadith 3.117 Narrated by Aisha (Radhiallah hu Taala anhaa)

(The tribe of) Quraish used to fast on the day of Ashura' in the pre-Islamic period, and then Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) ordered (Muslims) to fast on it till the fasting in the month of Ramadan was prescribed; whereupon the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who wants to fast (on 'Ashura') may fast, and he who does not want to fast may not fast."



Please keep forwarding this "Hadith" to all ... Because the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one Verse".
Insha Allah Hadees on FASTING will be continued...
NOTE:
1. If you has not received Previously sent PART'S of this series then please Send me a Mail mentioning the missed PARTS, Insha Allah I will send them to you.
2. With the Last Part of this Series the word document will be Attached - It contains all the Hadees related to Hadees on FASTING since from the starting.

3. If you want to send me any Mail/Reply me, then Please Reply to this Mail ID only (rather than Group) , So that I can consider your mail and fulfill user Request as early as possible

No comments:

Fed Up with Side-Effects and Doctor Visits? Put AWAY That Inhaler! Solve Your Asthma the NATURAL Way! Click Here!