Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Practice of the Prophet during last 10 days of ramadan

The Practice of the Prophet Sall Allaahu`alayhi wa sallam During The Last Ten Nights of Ramadhaan
‘Aa’ishah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “When the last ten days of Ramadhaan came, the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam would stay up all night, wake his family and gird his loins”. [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]. In the book of Imaam Muslim the narration read: “He strove hard and girded his loins”. Imaam Ibn Hajar, rahimahullaah, said: “His staying all night was in worship and acts of obedience, and the reason he woke his family was for them to pray the optional night prayers, and girding his loins referred to him abstaining from sleeping with his wives”.
‘Aa’ishah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to strive hard (in worship) during the last ten days of Ramadhaan in a way that he did not strive at any other times.” [Muslim].
Zaynab Bint Umm Salamah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “Whenever the last ten nights of Ramadhaan came, the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam would not leave any member of his family who could physically pray the night prayers but would wake them up.” [At-Tirmithi] .
The Way of the Prophet, sall Allaahu`alayhi wa sallam, in I`tikaaf
‘Aa’ishah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to do I’tikaaf (residing in the Masjid with the intention of worship) during the last ten days of Ramadhaan until he passed away, then his wives did I’tikaaf after him”
Ibn ‘Umar, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, reported: “The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to do I’tikaaf during the last ten days of Ramadhaan” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim].
‘Aa’ishah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “When the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam wanted to do I’tikaaf, he would pray Fajr, then enter the place where he was to do I’tikaaf” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslims].
Once the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam wanted to do I’tikaaf in the last ten nights of Ramadhaan, so he commanded a small tent be placed for him in the Masjid. Zaynab, radhiallaahu ‘anha, also commanded a tent be placed for her for I’tikaaf, and after that other wives of the Prophet, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, commanded likewise. After he, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, prayed the Fajr prayer he noticed the tents and commanded his tent to be removed and did not resume I’tikaaf the remaining part of Ramadhaan, and instead he went into I’tikaaf the first ten nights of the month of Shawwaal. This proves that he, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, had a special isolated area away form the people for I’tikaaf that was enough only for him.
Aboo Hurayrah, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, reported: “The Messenger of Allaah sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to perform I’tikaaf every year in the month of Ramadhaan for ten days, and when it was the year of his death, he stayed in I’tikaaf for twenty days”. [Al-Bukhaari] .
Ibn ‘Umar, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, narrated that the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “Seek Laylatul-Qadr (i.e. the night of decree) in the last ten days of Ramadhaan” [Al-Bukhaari] .
Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudri, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, said: “The Messenger of Allaah sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam did I’tikaaf during the first ten days of Ramadhaan, then he did I’tikaaf during the middle ten days in a Turkish tent [a circular structure] in which a mat was placed. He said: “So he, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, took the mat in his hand and put it at the side of the tent, then he raised his head to speak to the people, so they came closer to him. He, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “I did I’tikaaf during the first ten days, seeking this night, then I did I’tikaaf during the middle ten days. Then someone came to me and told me that it is in the last ten days, so whoever among you wants to do I’tikaaf, let him do so.” So the people did I’tikaaf with him. He, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “I was shown an odd-numbered night, in the morning of which I was prostrating in mud and water”. Then in the morning of the twenty-first, he, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, got up to pray the Fajr prayer and it was raining; the roof of the Masjid leaked, and there was mud and water. He, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, came out when he had finished praying, and there was mud and water on his forehead and nose. That was the morning of the twenty-first, one of the last ten days. [Muslim].
Aboo Hurayrah, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, reported that the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “Whoever stays up praying during Laylatul-Qadr (i.e. in prayer) out of faith and in the hope of Allaah’s reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim].
‘Aa’ishah, radhiallaahu ‘anha, reported: “When the Messenger of Allaah sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was in I’tikaaf, he inclined his head towards me and I combed his hair whilst I was on my menses inside my room (i.e. which overlooked the Masjid), and he did not enter the house except for a need (i.e. relieving himself).” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim] He, sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam would walk his wives back home if any of them visited him in the Masjid during I’tikaaf.
Al-Husayn Ibn Ali, radhiallaahu ‘anhu, reported: “Safiyyah the wife of the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam came and visited him during his I’tikaaf in the Masjid during the last ten days of Ramadhaan. She spoke with him for a while, then she stood up to go home. The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam stood up with her to walk her back, then when she reached the door of the Masjid, by the door of Umm Salamah, two men of the Ansaar passed by and greeted the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and rapidly moved away. The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said to them: “Wait, this is Safiyyah bint Huyay.” They said: “Subhaanallaah, O Messenger of Allaah!” They felt distressed (that he thought they might think something bad). The Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “The devil is as close to a man as his blood.” In another report: “The devil flows through the veins of a man like blood. I was afraid that the devil might cast some evil ideas into your hearts.” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim].
Ibn Al-Qayyim, rahimahullaah, said: “Whenever the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was in I’tikaaf, a mat would be placed for him and a bed, and if he went out to use the bathroom, he would not talk to anyone, and his I’tikaaf area was small, unlike what some ignorant people do by making their area fit ten people so that they can receive visitors. This is contrary to the manner of the Prophet sall Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam’s I’tikaaf”.

http://www.islamweb .net/eramadan200 5/The%20Practice %20of%20the% 20Prophet, %20sall Allaahu%20’alayhi% 20wa%20sallam, %20During% 20the%20Last% 20Ten%20Nights. htm

No comments:

Fed Up with Side-Effects and Doctor Visits? Put AWAY That Inhaler! Solve Your Asthma the NATURAL Way! Click Here!