Friday, July 27, 2007

Hadees on Musalla

Hadees on Musalla     Sahih Bukhari Hadith

1. The Sutra of the Imam is also the Sutra for those behind him
Hadith 1.472 Narrated by Ibn Abbas
Once I came riding a she-ass when I had just attained the age of puberty. Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was offering the prayer at Mina with no wall in front of him and I passed in front of some of the row. There I dismounted and let my she-ass loose to graze and entered the row and nobody objected to me about it.

Hadith 1.473 Narrated by Ibn Umar
Whenever Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) came out on 'Id day, he used to order that a Harba (a short spear) to be planted in front of him (as a Sutra for his prayer) and then he used to pray facing it with the people behind him and used to do the same while on a journey. After the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) , this practice was adopted by the Muslim rulers (who followed his traditions).

Hadith 1.474 Narrated by Aun bin Abi Juhaifa
I heard my father saying, "The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) led us, and prayed a two-Rak'at Zuhr prayer and then a two-Rak'at 'Asr prayer at Al-Batha' with an 'Anza (planted) in front of him (as a Sutra) while women and donkeys were passing in front of him (beyond that 'Anza)."

2. The distance between the praying person and the Sutra

Hadith 1.475 Narrated by Sahl (bin Sad)
The distance between the Musalla of Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and the wall was just sufficient for a sheep to pass through.
Hadith 1.476 Narrated by Salama
The distance between the wall of the mosque and the pulpit was hardly enough for a sheep to pass through.

3. Using a Harba as a Sutra

Hadith 1.477 Narrated by Abdullah
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to get a Harba planted in front of him (as a Sutra) and pray behind it.

4. Using an Anza as a Sutra

Hadith 1.478 Narrated by Aun bin Abi Juhaifa
that he had heard his father saying, "Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) came to us at midday and water was brought for his ablution. He performed ablution and led us in Zuhr and 'Asr prayers with an 'Anza planted in front of him (as a Sutra), while women and donkeys were passing beyond it."
Hadith 1.479 Narrated by Anas Ibn Malik
Whenever the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) went for answering the call of nature, I and another boy used to go after him with a staff, a stick or an 'Anza and a tumbler of water and when he finished from answering the call of nature we would hand that tumbler of water to him.

5. Sutra for the prayer in Mecca and elsewhere

Hadith 1.480 Narrated by Abu Juhaifa
Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) came out at midday and offered a two-Rak'at Zuhr and 'Asr prayers at Al-Batha and an 'Anza was planted in front of him (as a Sutra). He performed ablution and the people took the remaining water left after his ablution and rubbed their bodies with it.

6. Facing the pillars while praying

Hadith 1.481 Narrated by Yazid bin Al Ubaid
I used to accompany Salama bin Al-Akwa' and he used to pray behind the pillar which was near the place where the Qur'an's were kept I said, "O Abu Muslim! I see you always seeking to pray behind this pillar." He replied, "I saw Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) always seeking to pray near that pillar."

Hadith 1.482 Narrated by Anas
I saw the most famous people amongst the companions of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) hurrying towards the pillars at the Maghrib prayer before the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) came for the prayer.

7. Offering non-congregational prayers between pillars

Hadith 1.483 Narrated by Ibn Umar
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) entered the Ka'ba along with Usama bin Zaid, 'Uthman bin Talha and Bilal and remained there for a long time. When they came out, I was the first man to enter the Ka'ba. I asked Bilal "Where did the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) pray?" Bilal replied, "Between the two front pillars."
Hadith 1.484 Narrated by Nafi
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) entered the Ka'ba along with Usama bin Zaid, Bilal and 'Uthman bin Talha Al-Hajabi and closed the door and stayed there for some time. I asked Bilal when he came out, 'What did the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) do?' He replied, 'He offered prayer with one pillar to his left and one to his right and three behind.' In those days the Ka'ba was supported by six pillars." Malik said: "There were two pillars on his (the Prophet's) (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) right side."

8. Facing a Ra,hila mount, camel, tree or saddle

Hadith 1.485 Narrated by Nafi
"The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to make his she-camel sit across and he would pray facing it (as a Sutra)." I asked, "What would the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) do if the she-camel was provoked and moved?" He said, "He would take its camel-saddle and put it in front of him and pray facing its back part (as a Sutra). And Ibn 'Umar used to do the same." (This indicates that one should not pray except behind a Sutra).


9. Facing a bed while praying

Hadith 1.486 Narrated by Aisha
Do you make us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys? While I used to lie in my bed, the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) would come and pray facing the middle of the bed. I used to consider it not good to stand in front of him in his prayers. So I used to slip away slowly and quietly from the foot of the bed till I got out of my guilt.

10. Passing in front of praying person

Hadith 1.487 Narrated by Abu Said
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, (what is ascribed to him in the following Hadith 488):
Hadith 1.488 Narrated by Abu Salih As Samman
I saw Abu Said Al-Khudri praying on a Friday, behind something which acted as a Sutra. A young man from Bani Abi Mu'ait, wanted to pass in front of him, but Abu Said repulsed him with a push on his chest. Finding no alternative he again tried to pass but Abu Said pushed him with a greater force. The young man abused Abu Said and went to Marwan and lodged a complaint against Abu Said and Abu Said followed the young man to Marwan who asked him, "O Abu Said! What has happened between you and the son of your brother?" Abu Sa'id said to him, "I heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, 'If anybody amongst you is praying behind something as a Sutra and somebody tries to pass in front of him, then he should repulse him and if he refuses, he should use force against him for he is a satan.' "

11. Sin of passing in front of praying person

Hadith 1.489 Narrated by Busr bin Said
that Zaid bin Khalid sent him to Abi Juhaim to ask him what he had heard from Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) about a person passing in front of another person who was praying. Abu Juhaim replied, "Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, 'If the person who passes in front of another person in prayer knew the magnitude of his sin he would prefer to wait for 40 (days, months or years) rather than to pass in front of him." Abu An-Nadr said, "I do not remember exactly whether he said 40 days, months or years."

12. Facing a praying person while praying

Hadith 1.490 Narrated by Aisha
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away, for I disliked to face him."

13. Praying behind a sleeping person

Hadith 1.491 Narrated by Aisha
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to pray while I was sleeping across in his bed in front of him. Whenever he wanted to pray Witr, he would wake me up and I would pray Witr.

14. Praying Nawafil prayers behind a sleeping woman

Hadith 1.492 Narrated by Aisha
the wife of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), "I used to sleep in front of Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) with my legs opposite his Qibla (facing him); and whenever he prostrated, he pushed my feet and I withdrew them and whenever he stood, I stretched them." 'Aisha added, "In those days there were no lamps in the houses."


15. Others do not annul one's prayers

Hadith 1.493 Narrated by Aisha
The things which annul prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."
Hadith 1.494 Narrated by Aisha
(the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to get up at night and pray while I used to lie across between him and the Qibla on his family's bed.

16. Carrying a small girl while praying

Hadith 1.495 Narrated by Abu Qatada Al Ansari
Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was praying and he was carrying Umama the daughters of Zainab, the daughter of Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and she was the daughter of 'As bin Rabi'a bin 'Abdu Shams. When he prostrated, he put her down and when he stood, he carried her (on his neck).

17. Facing a bed carrying a menstruating woman

Hadith 1.496 Narrated by Maimuna bint Al Harith
My bed was beside the praying place (Musalla) of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and sometimes his garment fell on me while I used to lie in my bed.
Hadith 1.497 Narrated by Maimuna
The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to pray while I used to sleep beside him during my periods (menses) and in prostration his garment used to touch me.

18. Touching or pushing wife while prostrating

Hadith 1.498 Narrated by Aisha
It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys. No doubt I saw Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) praying while I used to lie between him and the Qibla and when he wanted to prostrate, he pushed my legs and I withdrew them.


19. A woman removing troublesome things from praying person

Hadith 1.499 Narrated by Amr bin Maimuin
'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said, "While Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was praying beside the Ka'ba, there were some Quraish people sitting in a gathering. One of them said, 'Don't you see this (who does deeds just to show off)? Who amongst you can go and bring the dung, blood and the abdominal contents (intestines, etc). of the slaughtered camels of the family of so and so and then wait till he prostrates and put that in between his shoulders?' The most unfortunate amongst them ('Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait) went (and brought them) and when Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) prostrated, he put them between his shoulders. The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) remained in prostration and they laughed so much so that they fell on each other. A passerby went to Fatima, who was a young girl in those days. She came running and the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was still in prostration. She removed them and cursed upon the Quraish on their faces. When Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) completed his prayer, he said, 'O Allah! Take revenge on Quraish.' He said so thrice and added, 'O Allah! take revenge on 'Amr bin Hisham, 'Utba bin Rabia, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin 'Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, 'Uqba bin Abi Mu'ait and 'Umar a bin Al-Walid." Abdullah added, "By Allah! I saw all of them dead in the battle field on the day of Badr and they were dragged and thrown in the Qalib (a well) at Badr: Allah’s Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) then said, 'Allah's curse has descended upon the people of the Qalib (well).



No comments:

Fed Up with Side-Effects and Doctor Visits? Put AWAY That Inhaler! Solve Your Asthma the NATURAL Way! Click Here!